NO SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS ARE BEING CONSIDERED AT THIS TIME
As you know, we pay for the operation of this recycling center by selling the recyclable materials you bring to us. Current market prices are less than half what they were a year ago.
PRo Kansas is in a negative cash flow situation which will not change any time soon. If you know of potential donors or grants available, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
It is PRo Kansas’ desire to promote recycling and environmental concerns for the benefit of future generations by assisting current post-secondary students in their quest for a degree in the environmental field. We have created a Scholarship program that we are pleased to offer to students who are working towards this goal.
- The scholarship is specifically aimed at students who are working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s level degree in a program in the environmental sciences area or in a science or engineering field with an environmental emphasis.
- The recipient must have already completed two (2) years of study in the environmental sciences area or in a science or engineering field with an environmental emphasis.
- The recipient must be enrolled as a full-time student (minimum of 12 credit hours per semester) at an accredited college or university in the state of Kansas.
- The recipient does NOT have to be a U.S. citizen.
- The recipient must have earned a minimum GPA of 2.5 prior to the scholarship award and must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 during the award period. The recipient must show proof of this by presenting their most current transcript.
- The recipient must have completed an application for the scholarship and submit it to PRo Kansas by the deadline date as specified by PRo Kansas.
- The recipient must also volunteer a minimum of 50 hours per year at the Miller Recycling Center as an additional opportunity to enhance their studies and learn the importance of recycling and how it impacts our environment.
- The scholarship will be cancelled and revoked if the recipient fails at any time to be enrolled full-time and meet the above mentioned criteria.
The application form can be downloaded here.